A seed phrase (also called a recovery phrase) is a group of random words generated by the cryptocurrency wallet that allows users to access the crypto stored within.
A seed phrase aids in recovering a cryptocurrency wallet when a user forgets their password. The seed phrase can be said to be a crypto wallet's master key.
For example, browser wallets like MetaMask let you import your wallet via seed phrase. Now you can import your MetaMask, Trust Wallet, or any wallet that supports this functionality to the CoinStats app. In this way, you are the owner of your funds, and you're not tied to using a specific app to access them.
Here are some tips on exporting Seed Phrases from the MetaMask and Trust Wallets. 👇
Open the extension from the browser
Navigate down to Settings > Security & Privacy
Scroll down, and click on the button that reads Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase
Enter your password to reveal your Seed Phrase / Secret Recovery Phrase.
1. Open Trust Wallet and then tap on Settings
2. In the Settings screen, you will find Wallets here. Tap on it to display the wallets that you currently have.
3. To access the settings screen for the Wallet that you want to Backup, tap on the i symbol next to it
4. Tap on Show Secret Phrase to display your recovery phrases.
5. Now that you have reached your destination, take all the time you need. Make sure that you have saved a copy of your recovery phrase.
Note: If you lose your seed phrase, you will lose access to your funds forever. So never, ever share your seed phrase with anyone, and make sure to back it up safely and securely.
Now, let's move on CoinStats and see how to import your Seed Phrase on our platform.
Open the app
Navigate to the CS wallet tab
Tap on the Import Wallet button
Enter the Seed Phrase
Tap on the Import button
Congratulations! You've successfully imported your Seed Phrase to the CoinStats wallet.
Feel free to contact our support if you have any other questions at [email protected]! 🚀